Wednesday, April 04, 2007

it's been ages

Yes, once again I've been on hiatus from blogging, but still running. I have last long run this coming Saturday before Big Sur. Despite all my injuries, I'm still going. My last injury was my knee. Well since then, I had a right hip problem. I was on a 18 mile run, but couldn't run any further at after mile 14. My right hip went into a spasm. Luckily, I run near my sports massage therapist, so I saw him that afternoon. He said my glute muscle or lack thereof was weak, so eventually it was so fatigue it locked up. My hip felt like it was out of joint or I wanted to pop it back into place.

So, yes the answer is strength training. I made it to 22 miles last week. My knee still feels a bit inflammed as I'm writing this. I ran on Tuesday, it felt fine. No pain, but it does feel a bit off. I am concerned about Saturday's run. If I make it through I'll be really thankful to my sport massage therapist. I'm made an appointment for the Friday before the race.

I am also concerned about the 5 hr 22 mile cutoff. I'll have to figure out my pacing for the race.

Note about food...gotta take GU every hour. Eat only 1 packet of oatmeal before long run. Take pretzels filled with peanut butter and some sport bean. Eat pasta for lunch and dinner the day before.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 05 April, 2007 15:06, Blogger runliarun said...

Welcome back. I was worried, you did not post for so long. You are brave, still doing Big Sur in spite of everything.

Hopefully it's going to work :).

I would hate to take GU every hour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home