Tuesday, January 01, 2008

finished!

About 60 people ran in the race, it was a fun race overall. I didn't have a good race. I had side stitches and all sorts of abdominal pain around mile 3. I had to stop 3 times to walk since I had so much pain. Then I ran an extra 100m or so. My time was 53:20, not my best race, but I'm glad I finished. I was tempted to stop, but that's not a good way to start the new year. Resolution: not to be so outrageously disappointed in myself. Be disappointed, learn from it and move on! Lesson from today's race, not to start out too fast and learn to belly breathe.

1 Comments:

At 07 January, 2008 08:05, Blogger runliarun said...

You are so hard on yourself. Why be disappointed at all, if you came in under your goal? It might not have been a good race subjectively, if you had pain and were tempted to stop. But you did not stop. You did what you set out to do. It's a great way to start the year :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home