Tuesday, July 29, 2008

parenting/child development classes

I/we've been attending a bunch of parenting classes to get ready for baby "bob." I like taking classes. I learn so much from them. I like going to classes more than reading. Books are a good reference though, so I've been trying read as much as possible before the baby arrives. These are the classes we've taken thus far.

Baby care (Bananas)
Sleep (Bananas)
Brain Development (Bananas)
Childbirth Preparation (Alta Bates)

I've taken these classes for my own enrichment.
Positive Parenting (Bananas)
Exploring Lanugage and Literacy (UC Davis)
Social and Emotional Development (UC Davis)
Supporting Young Bilinguals (UC Davis)
Learning Through Relatioships with Infants and Toddlers (UC Davis)
Math and Science for Young Children (UC Davis)
Child Growth and Development (Merritt College)
The Child, the Family and the Community (Contra Costa College)
The Preschool Program (Merritt College)
Infant/Toddler Development and Care (Merritt College)

Key things I would like our baby to learn/be:
*to be compassionate
*to be generous
*to be kind
*to know and love Jesus
*to be responsible for their own actions
*to be a good steward of money and resources (not to be wasteful)
*to learn about the world
*to learn about the different cultures of the world
*to be courageous
*to always have hope
*to persevere (never give up)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home