Thursday, October 04, 2007

my first trail race

I ran my first trail race last Saturday. It was fun, but tough. I averaged a 13:46min pace. The first part was so steep, there were stairs going up. I walked up the stairs. I tried to run, but I was so slow, I walked instead. Running on trails is so different. It was a small race, very homey. It was very well organized and snacks galore! We had great snacks at the water stop and fantastic food at the end. Running on trails is less stressful in terms of time. I'm less worried about time and I get to enjoy the race more. I'm looking forward to our next trail race.

We have another race coming up at the end of the month. I've been so slacking on my runs. I'll be running 5miles tomorrow and will start slowly build up my mileage.

Oh, the wedding went swell:).

1 Comments:

At 29 October, 2007 19:46, Blogger runliarun said...

Hey, I was looking for that last line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home