Sunday, December 02, 2007

spectator:)

We drove up yesterday to see R and P run the Cal International Marathon. It was fun going to the expo and trying different Gu's and replenish snacks without fear of upsetting my stomach. My DH asked me this morning if I wish I got to run this morning instead of being a spectator, I said I love being a spectator! I get to cheer on my fellow runners and sleep in, relatively late:). We got up at 6:30am, which is not that early, but we didn't have to be at the start by 7am either:).

R. was trying to BQ, sadly she didn't make it, but of course we just got back from Morocco and being jet lagged, food poison twice! and losing 10lbs in 3 weeks indicates one is not in tip top shape. R. did fantastic despite all the challenges. She was on track at mile 13. Of course, we know half-way mark is early in the game, but R. kept up until the last few miles. She was hurting at the finish:(. Congrats to R.!!

P. finish her 1st marathon! She made it under 5! She was tired by the last 3, but she finished strong! P. had trained hard for CIM. We are proud of her!

We had a fun short road trip up to SAC. We stopped by the Davis Farmer's Market. We got to try a lot of samples of soup, apples, persimmons, pastries, Afghan breads with spread. Again, I'm glad I wasn't running the next day, I got to try all sorts of stuff, but of course staying away from dairy.

We finally go to the expo around 2pm. P. brought her own supply for food. The rest of us ate at The Old Spaghetti Factory. The food was good and cheap and the wait was not too long.

Congrats to CIM Runners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home