36 weeks and 4 days
I had another OB check-up yesterday. My stats:
149lbs(whoo, hoo), I've gained a total of 36lbs/33lbs(I lost 3 lbs the first month)
150bpm(baby's heart beat)
2cm dilated, 50% effacement
My OB thinks I will not make it to Sept 1(due date). I got all panicky. We still have a lot to do before the baby comes, like getting diapers and bottles and finding a pediatrician. Then I talk to my doula, she said those stats do not mean anything. She has known women who was at 3cm for a month and didn't go into labor and said your body will go into labor when it is ready. I also read in my Bradley Method Natural childbirth book that a good physician would not use those stats to predict your due date. She thinks I'll give birth the week of August 18. I read some more forums online and they agreed with the book. Some people were 100% effaced and didn't give birth until 41weeks. I am calmer now, but will still pack my bag this weekend, but not feel rushed. I start my maternity leave in 1 week and I wanted to enjoy sometime off of work before I give birth.
I'm thinking if we have another little one, I am switching OBs. I told my current OB that I wanted no drugs and want to experience this unique experience that only women can go through. Although people call it pain, I think it's a special and unique experience that I don't want to miss out on. She gave me a look like I was crazy. Definitely not into pro-natural birth. I don't think she'll go against my wishes, but she will definitely likely to encourage more medical interventions than less.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home