40 weeks 3 days
I had another OB appt today. To my surprise, she didn't push for induction by early next week. Whew! I have another appt scheduled for next Tuesday, then if nothing happens by then, then I'll probably be induced by Thursday. Hopefully, Baby "bob" will come before then.
My measurements were the same today:
3 cm
75% effaced
weight: 151lbs, so I gained about 3lbs from last week.
My OB said the head has dropped. People ask if I can breathe easier, but I don't think I had a hard time breathing before, so can't really tell the difference.
A lot of people have been emailing and calling to find out if the baby is here or not. It's been a bit annoying since the due date is only an EDD(expected due date) and most first time moms give birth on average 8 days past their due date. What's the rush? I feel rushed. The baby will come when he is ready. I know the placenta may start to break down and the amniotic fluid may start to run low after certain number of weeks, but it'll be nice to have a couple of extra days. If nothing happens this weekend, then I'll go in for a non-stress test and check the level of my amniotic fluid. If all is good, then I can probably hold off on induction. If not, then I'll probably induced by Thursday at the latest. They don't do inductions on Fridays or Saturdays. My OB doesn't work on Fridays either. It's a scheduling thing, too. Hopefully, I'll go into labor tomorrow b/c I think I'll like the OB that's on call better. My doula likes him, so that's a good sign. Anyway, we'll see. So Baby "Bob" please come by this weekend, okay?:) Daddy and Mommy can't wait to meet you and hold you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home