38 weeks and 7 days
I went to yoga this morning. It was a great class, lots of hamstring stretches. Then I went to IKEA to get some shelf liners. Tomorrow's project is to cleanup and organize the kitchen table and kitchen shelf. It's very disorganized right now.
I'm feeling better now than I've felt since the beginning of the pregnancy. I talked to M. today, a friend who gave birth earlier in the year. She was shocked to hear that I'm going natural and asked if I was afraid. One of my aunts asked if I was afraid. I'm a little annoyed by their questions. I told them I wasn't afraid. I feel prepared as much as I can. My mind is on the mode of no drugs, so I do hope and pray that's how the birth will turn out. I don't like it when people ask me if I'm afraid. A better question would be, "how do you feel?" The answer is well-rested and relaxed. I felt rushed a couple of weeks ago b/c my OB predicted I would give birth this week. I felt really anxious b/c we didn't have diapers, a place for the baby to sleep, and the clothes haven't been washed. Now I feel more prepared. If I do go into labor now, I'm ready.
Yes, no epidural will be painful, but I've been looking forward to this experience for a very long time. This unique experience only women are given the opportunity to go through and I want to go through with it. Getting an epidural is slippery slope, it's the epidural, the catheter b/c you can pee on your own, IV, then maybe an emergency C-section. I don't want to go down that route, if I can help it. My doula has been great. She said, for people who want do all natural usually can do it all natural. I can do this. I have to remember to tell myself and have DH remind me that I can do this.
We are looking forward to meeting you baby. Just saying those words bring tears to my eyes. I cry so very easily.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home