Monday, December 15, 2008

recapping Sept 9 -10

11:30am OB appt, stripped my membrane, it was painful
12pm(around) went to Korean market and got some Jaep Chae(sp), spicy fish cake, and some other cooked Korean food
got home and watched some TV
2:30pm(around) walked to Longs and bank
3:30pm took 1 tablespoon of castor oil with ice cream afterward
6:30pm stair repeats at Rose Garden for about 45min
7:25pm car got broken into, felt okay about it until I got home, called DH
8pm my uterus felt tight, but not contractions, ate a bowl of instant noodles from TJ
had a feeling that I will go into labor soon, but still no contractions, but my belly felt like a balloon about to pop
-called a friend to let her know that my car got broken into
-tried to watch the Office on the computer
-around 10pm DH not home
12am, started to diarrhea, called doula
12:40am (around) DH came home around that time
1am water broke while sitting on pilate ball, i felt the water about to break, i ran into the bathroom just in time
called doula to let her know waterbroke, contractions were about 8minutes apart, not consistent
after we hung up, i vomited, more diarrhea, shaking like mad, cold shivers
don't remember what time DH started packing the car before my water broke or after, i think it was after
-contractions were pretty intense, I was yelling at DH to hurry up and load the car
-also needed him to help me through the labor, I tried to use those positions in the book, but it didn't work that well; it was painful
-my contractions felt like the worst stomach ache and cramps I've ever had
-we laid in the bed to help reduce the pain and to rest and labor at home
-contractions jumped from 8min to 3min apart quickly, but we continued to labor at home, b/c we were confused about the whole contraction thing(not being able to talk through your contractions, i was able to talk through them, i was just yelling through them)
-called doula again around 3am
-headed toward the hospital around 3:40am
-in triage for 40min, when I got to the hospital, i was already at 9cm
-4:40am got to the labor and delivery room, wanted to push around 5, but had to wait for the doctor to show up
-while we were in the labor&delivery room, the nurses were asking a bunch of questions, about medication I was taking or vitamins, i made a "C" with my hand and they asked what that was, I yelled out "vitamin C"; it was too painful to talk and I kept yelling ROT, b/c my OB that morning said the head was ROT and being me I researched on the internet that afternoon what they meant; it meant you could have back labor, delivering sunnyside up, so I was worried and kept yelling , my OB said the head was ROT, what position is the head?
-doctor showed up and touched my leg, my eyes were closed tight shut, so I yelled, "don't touch my leg"
-i tried to relax, but it was painful
-i pushed for 40min, i had a mirror b/c I wanted to see our baby's head it's like seeing the finish line; it encouraged me to keep pushing; the pushing felt great; it was like a giant bowel movement
-even while I was pushing, i thought the pain wasn't that bad
-thankful our baby came out quickly and i had a very quick labor
-i didn't cry, i'm pretty sappy, i was surprised hours later that I didn't share a tear; i watch a baby story on TLC and I cry, but I didn't cry for my own birth, really weird; i was disappointed at myself for not crying; i know i'm too critical of myself

Baby N is now on week 14. The time has flown at times and others not. Next post, my breastfeeding saga. I've weaned. The 3 months of attempt to breastfeed has been exhausting, disappointing, lots of lots of crying.

Bright side of things, Baby N is laughing and making all sorts of baby sounds. So cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home